Bilge Water & Waste Oil Management Course – Training ONLINE
Intended for all engine & deck officers who are involved in bilge water treatment system operations onboard (covers governing regulations, system components, and operational methods). Operation of the main engine, auxiliary machinery, and handling of fuel oil results into the production of sludge, waste oil on board the ships. How to properly manage sludge and waste oil will be provided in this course.
- The course will cover the following topics:
- Regulatory Framework (MARPOL 73/78)
- Introduction to OWS and Bilge Water System
- Bilge Water Treatment Techniques
- Bilge Water/Oily Waste Laboratory Facility Familiarization and Operation
- Correct Entries in the Oil Record Book – Part I
- Port State Control Inspections
- Seafarers Role and Attitudes in Pollution Prevention
Participants will get familiar with main bilge water / waste oil management operations and strict laws of managing and dealing with it on board the vessel. Any deviation from MARPOL regulations can lead to vessel detention and extreme penalty fine (in some circumstances even jail time).
English and Croatian
Items to Bring
National Photographic Identification or Passport, Photo
Hotel booking assisted for participants living far from Trogir.
Distance learning option
Yes (In Center – Online / Theory live with Instructor)
All participants have to complete a questionnaire in order to obtain the certificate.
Certification – Diploma
All persons who successfully complete the course based on the performance standards will receive certificate with unlimited validity in line with Offshore International Industries guidelines. This Training follows international standards of quality and meets the ISO 9001-2015 requirements.
Contact us by email or fax for registration as an individual or group.